The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been out of the archery / bowhunting loop for the past 4 years.

I used to go to D & S Archery in Barto. Now that they are closed, I need to find a new pro shop in the area.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Not dedicated archery shops but 2 I have dealt with. Tanners Sporting goods on Old York road in Warrington has a good bow guy ,Dan. That's who I use now. Range upstairs to tune it in
Years ago I went to Claytons on 611 in Horsham . Clayton Jr. was the bow guy. He set me up with my first bow

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I live 10 min. From Lansdale and Dan Neebe gets all my Business. Bout a 35 min ride, but his prices and talent CANNOT be beat! Google "Bow For It" archery!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
French Creek outfitters. If archery is where your heart is... The bow techs there are awesome.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jabbs would be the closest to you. He sells Elite bows.

Neebe's is good also.

For checking out all that is new Lancaster Archery is worth the road trip.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I wouldn't give a dime to French creek outfitters. There best tech ever was Moose and he left years ago for Lancaster archery. They are way overpriced and techs are SUB PAR!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I wouldn't give a dime to French creek outfitters. There best tech ever was Moose and he left years ago for Lancaster archery. They are way overpriced and techs are SUB PAR!
This is why I work on my own stuff or go to LAS & Jabbs.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I went to Dan Neebe when I first started bowhunting back in the mid to late '70s, have used both Tanner's and French Creek for guns, might have to look into Jab's as I am interested in the Elite bows, I've been a BowTech guy though.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts

I could not disagree more. I have been going to them since they were in Pottstown. The techs there are good and the time they spend with you before you leave to make sure it is right is awesome. They are a little higher priced than some but service is key. They are the only ones that work on my bow.....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow up: Since the bows have been basically hanging in the basement these past 4 years, I figured it is time to get new strings and cables for all of them.

Recent events have made French Creek Outfitters the most convenient place to take bow # 1.
When I dropped it off, they told me 10 days to two weeks. On day 11, I got the call it was ready.
The next day, I took it out to shoot and at 20 yards, the bow was still dead on, no adjustments needed.
So far, not a bad experience, service was more business like, but kind of what I expected for a shop that size.
At this point, I have no reason not to return.

I hope to get bow # 2 over to Bob & AJs, the new shop in Pipersville, they are just as far from me, just the other direction.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I heard that Bob & AJ's bought out Jabb's & Neebe;s inventory. Haven't heard how they are doing. When you go , maybe give us a review.
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It may be a while before I get there, but I will give them a review.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Follow up: Since the bows have been basically hanging in the basement these past 4 years, I figured it is time to get new strings and cables for all of them.

Recent events have made French Creek Outfitters the most convenient place to take bow # 1.
When I dropped it off, they told me 10 days to two weeks. On day 11, I got the call it was ready.
The next day, I took it out to shoot and at 20 yards, the bow was still dead on, no adjustments needed.
So far, not a bad experience, service was more business like, but kind of what I expected for a shop that size.
At this point, I have no reason not to return.

I hope to get bow # 2 over to Bob & AJs, the new shop in Pipersville, they are just as far from me, just the other direction.
Personally I'm not a fan of French Creek due to allot of bad experiences over the years with their bow techs and their GM Wayne pretty much taking everything as a joke. The above quote is a main reason. I don't care who you are as a bow shop - it shouldn't take 11 days to put strings and cables on a bow. If they have to order them then why tie your bow up while you wait to get them in and again it shouldn't take 10+ days for an order to come in. Then once in a good tech can change strings and cables and re-tune your bow in well under an hour. This is why FCO thrives is they are basically the only game in town anymore and customer expectations of them are so low. Fortunately I work on my own stuff or if I don't feel like it and think I need more help then off to Lancaster Archery and let Moose do it.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Wayne is the reason I left French Creek. Bought my first Mathews from Moose, then he left. Wayne was the next guy I dealt with... Hes now the GM??? No thanks!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts