The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the procedure for selling a handgun to an individual? Take it somewhere to get the background check done? Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm sure there are going to be a lot more experienced guys who will answer, but it is my understanding handgun ownership does need to be documented through an FFL.

I think there are special circumstances, ie, Parent to Son/Daughter and Spouses transfer that doesn't need an FFL but not 100% sure on that process.

·
Registered
432 Posts
if it is FTF transfer, both parties need to be there with proper ID(drivers liscense, or military). usually all the seller has to do is sign off on the handgun, but all guns shops are different. at cabelas if the buyer doesnt pass the background check then the seller has to pass to get his gun back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Really simple.. I just got a like new Taurus 40 off a guy for $150. What a deal! Anyway go to your local gun shop with the gun. They check the numbers do the background check I think it was a $25 fee the seller signs off on the gun. Buyer does the normal paperwork 10 mins and along as it's on the up and up your done.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
eistea15 said:
at cabelas if the buyer doesnt pass the background check then the seller has to pass to get his gun back.
let me get this right, if the buyer doesn't pass a backround check the seller loses his gun that he owned in the first place hopefuly legally
....but may lose it if he don't pass the check right then and there, now that there sounds like a backdoor to take legal ownership of a gun away...........bob

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
plus thugs are not going to go through proper channels to turn over a handgun to a fellow thug
..........bob

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
bob1961 said:
plus thugs are not going to go through proper channels to turn over a handgun to a fellow thug
..........bob

NO!! According to Ed Rendell, when they pass those gun laws....EVERYBODY JUST FOLLOWS THEM!! Even the bad guys. 'Cause the bad guys know if they don't follow them, they could get yelled at!!!

SW

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
lmaorotf
i knew it was something simple like that.......bob

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Just remember.....When Guns are outlawed.....crooks still won't give a

1 - 9 of 9 Posts