The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Law enforcement officials from a New York region where a local paper published a map identifying gun owners say prisoners are using the information to intimidate guards.

Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News' decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.

"They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That's not acceptable to me," Falco said, according to Newsday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04/law...e#ixzz2H7ybgZPz

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is absolute insanity!!!!!!! I would hope the news paper is going to be held accountable for what they have done. Placing the lives of those that protect the general public in danger when they are supposed to be in the safety of their own homes!!! It is horrible that the media does or says what they want the public the hear or believe, and cant just stick to PROVEN FACTS.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
The mentality of the articles author and the editors that permitted this to be printed is remarkable for its disregard for the safety of law abiding citizens. However, it is in keeping with the bloodsucking, money grubbing left leaning media that can only publish what will clearly lead to more bad news, and make them more money by selling it as "stories". Someone should be prosecuted for this as a Hate Crime and a discriminatory act.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Inmates ask me all the time, "what are you going to do when I show up on your door step?" and I always give the same reply. I'm going to shoot you, right in the face. Shuts them up pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The people responsible for this idiotic posting of addressses should be held liable for any attacks on the officers. I am betting they would be truly sorry if they were put into jail with some of the convicts.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
I dont agree with them publishing gun owners names, But as the Corrections Officers on here can tell you if inmates are [censored] bent on finding out where you live they will.

I have had people tell me "Wait till I find out where you live" I tell them its right on the bottom of the citation......

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a relative that worked as a guard in a state prison. We didn't go any where without a concealed weapon.

So what is the solution? If newspapers keep posting names, law abiding citizens will just start to carry without a license to avoid being outed. PA is an open carry state. I think more people should open carry. People are just getting too gun shy. Then when they accidentally see someone with a gun tucked under their coat, they get all bent out of shape thinking the worst.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Muzz said:
Inmates ask me all the time, "what are you going to do when I show up on your door step?" and I always give the same reply. I'm going to shoot you, right in the face. Shuts them up pretty quick.
NICE! I had an inmate tell me one time that he was going to kill me and my wife and rape my daughter when he got released...I'd rather not post my reply!

Society just DOESN'T get it and I fear they never will!

BTW: Muzz, did you hear about the state wanting to make some of our personal info public? Also, I did discuss an issue with a few people lately about us being able to carry SD weapons on to the property of our work places...we'll see how that goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts