The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our Pheasants Forever banquet Satuday night and had a coupe prints which we had framed. What is the cost you typically incure and is there a good alternative to framing so you can make better money on them?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Prints are a tough sell. Many guys think $150 is the max. My suggestion is to get the cheaper frame and medium priced prints.
There is limited value in getting a high end print unless you have the clientele.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We pay around $125 for a nice frame but when you add the cost of the print it is hard to make money for the organizations. Just wondering what everyone else does. This year we did get people to sponsor some of the costs such as framing.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Buy frames when they are on sale at Michael's or other store. Find someone to cut mattes or cut your own.
I just finished a 24x36" print, double matted. Looking at $100 total for frame, mattes and photo.

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
I have a friend that is an artist, mostly pencil drawings, he gets his frames at yard sales for a little bit of nothing, I've seen some of them and they are nice.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input. I should pay to keep and eye open for some of the bargains.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Update: the photo I matted and framed went for $475 at a Keystone Elk Country Alliance (KECA) chapter banquet last night in the live auction. 3 weeks ago I had one go for $600 at the Ridgeway KECA banquet. Glad to be able to help a very worthwhile organization.

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
Here is a picture I have hanging in my house, I took the photo, it's a 20" x 30". The frame and matting cost me $30.00, my wife has a friend that does framing, she gave us a good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts