The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come out to the Prince Gallitzin Apple Cider Festival on October 3rd 10am until 5pm and visit the Huntingpa booth. If you have never been to the Cider Festival now is the time. Lots to see, good fall food, watch them press cider, listen to the bands or just enjoy all the craft vendors but most of all visit HPA's booth and show support for the site.

http://www.pennsylvania-mountains-of-attractions.com/apple-cider-festival.html

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Dean, the Sunday looks open here so i think we are going to come down and help ya at the booth. My wife loves these types of festivals and with that weekend kicking off archery season I am sure their will be alot of guys there looking to talk hunting with us, instead of trying to help their Mrs decide what kind of dried flower wreath will look best in the bathroom
, been there, done that and I can say I would of loved to of had a hunting booth to escape to then....

Plus I am looking for some chainsaw carving art...
an eagle to be exact.

Even if we get the first deer of the year on Saturday, I will quarter and frig it, so we can make it down.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great John, are you coming down Saturday evening or Sunday morning. There is a chainsaw artist there and he does sell his work and takes orders.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
John,
Post up again if you are going. The in-laws live right down the road from Glendale and I may talk the wife into heading up that way with the kids and heading over.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey that sounds like a blast- ..my lil bro plays ball at st. francis and i dont visit him near enough..... maybe i'll make it a point to kill a few birds with one commute. Alot of fresh produce there i assume? ..id like to pick up some stuff to cook for the boys at work to accompany the milk-fed fawn i will undoubtedly slay on opening day lol.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
Not really much produce available, but lots of apple cider. It's really like a big craft show, and there's always lots of "carnival" food available, funnel cakes, sausage sandwiches, stuff like that. Always a good time.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Guys this is on Team Rbs calendar
...Dean I'll let you know on when we shove off /accomidation requirements. Thanks again for the offer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok- yeah my lil bro is a Junior, plays football there. Anyway my fam used to camp at glendale and PGsp alot when i was a kid. i havent been back in probably 16-17 years, so it'd be cool. Let ya know if i make it

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Sounds like fun, the wife and I are going to try to make it.
Anyone know how they are about dogs in the park? Thinking maybe about bringing the pup along for the day.

Griz

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are lots of dogs at the Festival just keep on a leash. Site # 154 beside the Game Commission spot.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Beautiful State Park.... wish I could make it. Camped there last year during the HPA outing.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
WELL I HOPE TO MEET YOU SOME FROM HPA TOMORROW, along with inviting many new folks to join us.

I passed on a big fat doe at 8AM this morning at about 6 yards, in my mind I could not schedule the time to skin, quarter, etc,, I stilkl gots lots to get ready for the booth. Just wanted to see who got the first morning deer.,,,OK back to work. No evening sit tonight.

ME AND MRS WILL SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts