The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have one of these? I just bought one, oddly enough for no real reason but to protect the strings during transport. It is a really cool accessory. I think it will be very functional for attaching to a backpacked treestand, other than that it has been real slick to have on for string protection in and out of the case.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was going to get one too, I would also like to hear what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I have one and used it when I've got a long haul to the stand and also when I've got my climber and backpack on my back. The newer model holds parallel limb bows better than the older ones. I would say that if you are using a bicycle or ATV to get into the woods, it would be very handy.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I got one last year for a hunt that I went on and really liked it. I did a bunch of walking and it was nice to be hands free. I think it's a pretty nice product...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I bought one five or six years ago...give it an A+++++

For the price (somewhere around $20 IIRC) it's somethin I won't ever be without again.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
HNTRDAVE no pouches, it's basically a sling for your bow but your string "snaps" into it which protects it. I think I got mine on Ebay. Do a search I'm sure you can find plenty of them.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
How exactly do you guys use this and have a climbing treestand on your back at the same time? Im a little confused on that. Wouldnt the bow smack on your treestand? If someone could clear me up on that I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I guess if you were running it would smack off your tree stand. I usually carry mine on either my right or left side (with my arm draped over the bow). I have carried it on my back over top of my tree stand though, it didn't cause a ruckus.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Sling it over your shoulder and neck. I usually hold on to it with my right hand while walking in with my climber. My fanny pack is also on my waist, in the front. This also helps in keeping the bow protected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts