The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently shot a friends Prime Rize. I had never shot a Prime bow prior to this, but I was very impressed with the bow. I am definitely going to include Prime in my shopping selection when all of this years bows are released.

I was just wondering who on here currently shoots Prime or has shot Prime and what your thoughts on the bows in general are.

The past couple years I have went from Hoyt to Bowtech then to 2 different Mathews. I like shooting new bows and then buying the one I like best and right now I am holding prime pretty high on my list.

·
Banned
110 Posts
This will be the 3rd year hunting with my prime Alloy. Can't say enough good about it. Buttery smooth draw, quiet, accurate. Everything you could ask for. I love that you get free strings and cables every other year too!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I like them but I am not a fan of draw specific cams. I wish they would go to a mod system at least. Changing whole cams to change draw length has never appealed to me. Not that I change draw length that often but I seem to draw a little different with each bow and sometimes have to change it. I shot 28.5" with the 3 Bowtech's I had, but 28" with the Hoyt Faktor I had. I bought my Elite in 28" but turned out I needed 28.5". This is why I like draw mods.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I don't really see that as a problem. The guys at my shop said that if they didn't have one with the length I needed they could order the parts and have it ready to go in a week, free of charge.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it, I am definitely going to take the time to shoot this years models!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts