The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preventive Care

As I sit at my desk, I stare aimlessly out the window. The sight of falling leaves has mesmerized me once more. Suddenly, I feel a sudden rush come over me. The fever is rising. I can’t quite explain just how I feel. Unable to concentrate, I am helpless to deny the insatiable hunger that lies within. My heart flutters like the leaves I am watching. Unfortunately no Doctor can remedy this unfortunate condition, no therapist can guide me through this. The sickness has gripped my entire body and I am helpless to fight it. The fever is upon me and I know of only one cure.

The call to work comes early on Friday morning. Though not surprised , the nightime foreman questions my sickness. He playfully questions how an otherwise healthy fella always seems to get this unexplained ailment this time of year. I assure him that with any luck I will most certainly be cured by Monday! The brisk morning air soon soothes my symptoms. The early morning chatter of the forest welcomes me to a familiar place yet again. The tinkling of water, as it moves down the valley through the shady depths, calms my nerves. I make my way to a favorite log and watch morning arrive. I soon forget my daily struggles.

I close my eyes and take in the sounds and smells of the damp hillside. The scent of wet leaves rekindles old flames. I inhale deeply and breathe it in. Satisfied, I head for the long forgotten orchard that lies ahead. Stepping over a gnarled stump of yesteryear I am startled as ol’ Ruff explodes from beneath. The Ithaca rises instinctively and a cloud of feathers falls from the heavens. The grouse is a work of art, its large iridescent ruff and black tail band contrast deeply with his chestnut brown feathers.

I continue on, deeper into the hollow. Soon the sickness is all but forgotten. The symptoms have slowly dissipated and again I realize the cure has been found! The few short hours in Mother Natures office have provided the treatment I so desperately needed. The hunger is gone, the thirst quenched. As I eagerly make my return to civilization I suddenly feel anew. Ready to tackle lifes unexpected challenges for yet another week. For the cost of a days pay, my batteries have been recharged. I wonder if my health insurance provider would consider this preventive care?

BONZ
11-11-08

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
CB.,

Another "GOOD READ." You really nailed the truth on that one. Nothing, & I mean nothing can pick me up like some time in the outdoors. Doesn't matter, if I'm hunting or just walking......

Thanks, I think, tomorrow will be the battery recharge day for this week.....

Zumer

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Clay...a great read for a fellow desk jockey. I had yesterday off and it did wonders, but I come in today and it is almost like it did not happen.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Great post ! Only problem is if it is preventitive care you may have a co-pay.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Awesome read!!! I do the same while I am doing work as well. Casn never get my mind completely off the great outdoors!!! I am a first class daydreamer!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Very nice Clay. Every word in there is the truth, and I think all of us on the boards can directly relate!

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Another great read Bonz

I think I'll be making an appointment with that same provider soon, I can feel the symptoms coming on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts