The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Jordan coming to me in a few days from a good buddy of mine.

Not sure how many of you guys use these calls but they are a Kee Keeing son of a gun. Heck I never heard of them until last spring. If you don't have one, get one. IMO they are right up there with a ghost cut mouth call for producing great sounding kee kees. I am still trying to get the yelps down on them but they are a pretty darn good call for fall turkey hunting.

Will put up a pic when I receive it but am pretty pumped not to post anything. Not killing a gobbler this spring has me on a mission to call in a fall bird. I am actually contemplating leaving the bow at home this year and focusing on grouse and wood cock with my lab until fall turkey comes in. I will still practice with it maybe for first day, and if I score a turkey early but as of this moment, archery hunting is not at the top of my list. My lab is going to be 6 on August 4th and I don't know how many more years I will have with her. With the kids and everything a new hunting dog isn't in the cards for a while as well.

So maybe just focus on here and turkeys this year. We will see I guess, but I know one thing. The Jordan I am getting will definitely get to see some woods time this year!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Just a thought, but why not try taking your dog out for turkeys this fall? If she can find & flush grouse, she should have no trouble finding a fall flock.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She has flushed turkeys before but they fly out around 40 yards or better most times. SHe could never sit still to try and call them back in. She has too much prey drive for turkey hunting I think. With some training I am sure she could hack it but I don't want it to risk messing up her upland hunting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.