The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With weapons manufacturers like smith & Wesson and ruger now beginning to pull out dont you think that they would out some pressure on the NRA to pull the plug. I read one time that more funds come from the firearms industry than memberships. They flood money into the gun lobby.

·
Registered
895 Posts
steelstalker said:
With weapons manufacturers like smith & Wesson and ruger now beginning to pull out dont you think that they would out some pressure on the NRA to pull the plug. I read one time that more funds come from the firearms industry than memberships. They flood money into the gun lobby.
The NRA needs to be there...for those who do not know about the boycott beforehand......they can sign them up.
I'm sure a few people will be miffed when they show up and find out what has been going on.....GO NRA !!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if anyone will be protesting outside?

·
Administrator
29,901 Posts
BYHALIA said:
steelstalker said:
The NRA needs to be there...for those who do not know about the boycott beforehand......they can sign them up.
I'm sure a few people will be miffed when they show up and find out what has been going on.....GO NRA !!!
I'm only guessing, but that's what I think the NRA is up to as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The NRA needs to find another place to be that week. How can they tell us to "Stand and Fight" and go "grass roots' when they are standing with the other side. I guarantee you the press will turn this against them and say they stand for gun control. At that point it will be over. How can we trust anyone from that point on. We have a chance, right now, to show a real grass roots stand and let every politician know that we are not easily divided. If they need members they can set up at Bass Pro or Trops, even outside. If they set up inside they are done and anyone that waste their money on them will be fools.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
well , figuring way to many gun owners from PA will not call, write or email their state reps. id prefer them be there to talk to people and get the word out there.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm waiting to see what they do before I renew. They will have a booth in Pittsburgh in a few weeks and I wsill sign up again there if I like what they do with this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If they will not call, write or e-mail then I really don't want them watching my back. "Stand and fight" until Honey BOO BOO comes back on will not cut it in this one.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The NRA is OUT - statement at top of main board.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
NRA Withdraws from Eastern Sports & Outdoors Show Due to Reed Exhibitions Decision to Ban Modern Sporting Rifles
Posted on January 22, 2013

Due to Reed Exhibitions' refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the February 2-10 Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, the National Rifle Association has decided to withdraw from the show. We had called on Reed Exhibitions to reconsider their decision; unfortunately they have steadfastly refused to do so. As a result, the NRA will not be participating in the upcoming show in Harrisburg or in any other shows hosted by Reed Exhibitions that maintain this policy. We are disappointed that Reed Exhibitions has ignored the concerns expressed by attendees, the outdoor industry and the NRA in not reconsidering their position to ban the display of Modern Sporting Rifles

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-f...amp;st=&ps=

1 - 12 of 12 Posts