1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
how many PSI are you looking for?

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
I have a homelite 2700-PSI 2.3-GPM Honda Gas Pressure Washer, Home Depot product. I powerwash my deck, siding, sidewalk, etc. starts every time and never had a problem with it. IIRC it was $300.00 and I bought the extra 2 year warranty. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
You can get some very good electric jobs.I got one powerfull Delta I got a Sam,s Club years ago that,s been great and I got a light duty model a Green Machine I think at a Direct Tools that works great too.No engines to service and maintain and plenty powerfull enough.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
The electric ones are easier to maintain and cheaper but I never saw one hit the 2000 psi Mark.
That's good enough to power wash siding, clean off driveway before coating or clean off greasy equipment but not enough to clean a pool or power wash boat bottom before painting.
Might be better to up the ante to 550 and get something gas powered and more pressure and changeable nozzle options.

Check out the big box stores sometime they have factory serviced returns that can be had at reduced prices.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check out Lowes online.. they have a ton of different ones available... I got one 5 years ( gas model ) and used it every year, along with my 2 brother in laws, 3 neighbors and a couple of friends... Works great and so easy to run.... Good luck

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
I owned two Karcher electric PWs. While they did the job I needed they didn't last long. They were 1600 psi. My gas model is 2700. It makes faster work of any project. After getting the gas model I wouldn't buy another electric.

Another plus of the gas model is you don't need an outlet to plug into.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone use a Generac? I've been looking at their one touch model. I am mostly going to wash my siding and decks with it

·
Registered
165 Posts
I powerwash as a profession, I can pretty much tell you anything with a honda and the highest GPM rating is going to clean best , pressure means very little in terms of how well a washer cleans , it's l about gallons per minute , personally I runs a honda 390 with a General 4gpm 4000psi pump and it works great

1 - 11 of 11 Posts