The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy loves to can his deer meat...and is about to get married here quick...

i couldnt think of a gift but remembered he said his canner was shot and needed a new one..i dont know his fiance well at all and just couldnt think of much and i rather buy a gift than send cash or a gift card..(i cant attend due to work..)

so i ordered him a Presto 23qt pressure canner...

reviews seemed good other than a few..

i know nothing about canning and the date snuck up on me and i didnt get a chance to ask on here...

did i mess up? or will that work?? hes not serious and canning gardens and doing a ton of it year round...he will likely only use it once or twice a year for deer meat...

just thought id ask...hope it'll be good for him..

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
don't see why not. unless his wife don't like canned venison. In which case i'll look for him to post it on the FS forum here and I'll jump on it

I need to get one myself.

·
Registered
591 Posts
IMO that is a great gift. I use mine to can deer meat and string beans. He may have kids someday, grow a garden and try to save a few bucks on the grocery bill. It's also a gift that he should be able to use for many years to come.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome!
i didnt know if it was junk, or not right for his needs etc...

his wife thanked me but complained about the smell already...lol..

this was the first friend i have to get married...i had no idea what to get...and not really knowing her, or what they already have, it was tough..but, i think i did alright!

heck, i should get one for myself...i do enjoy his canned deer meat! i just cant be in the camp when he cracks the jar open!

but weve added BBQ sauce and ate it like pulled pork sandwhiches...and weve thrown it in with noodles and grazy with mushrooms and onions...i loved it both ways...and im sure theres tons you can do with it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts