The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to camp this morning to shoot my flintlock and make sure it's still hitting where I want to. I sat there in camp watching the snow come down and trying to figure out how to keep everything from getting snow all over it. Then it hit me. I opened the back door and used a portable table as a benchrest, set up the bags and put a target on a tree at 50yds and let 'er rip. Worked real nice. I shot it 3X and had 1 misfire. All I think I need now is a deer in range and for it to go off. Also this is the best shooting I ever did. Here are a few pics

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
That's some good shooting fella!!! Those renegades are the real deal... they really are!

·
Super Moderator
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This rifle has a little history to it. It belonged to my father and he gave it to me before he passed away. If I remember right he bought it in '79 or '80. It was when muzzloading was just starting around here. I would remember coming home from school and listening to the stories of him and my uncles adventures from the misses, wet powder, bad flints, and the deer they got. Looking outside right now takes me back to those days.

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Good shootin', I wish I could have went with you, I would have been out with my camera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts