The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone predator hunting up this way? I'd love to tag along with someone who calls them in rather than hunting with dogs or over bait if they are willing.

I'm about 20 minutes from Montrose and can go just about any night other than Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Well, I'm in susque. cty about as far south as you can get. Don't know if we can connect cause my days/nights out are pretty much limited to weekends, when I can get out. I usually hunt the gamelands. I should warn you I'm no expert, just try to get out there make some setups with the caller for a few hours and see what happens. Also nothing wrong with trying during the day, early morning or late afternoon. Send me a PM if you want to give it a whirl and are willing to travel. Maybe beagler (above) will gang up with us, I know he's better at this than I am.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well let us know how you make out. I will be out in that neighborhood saturday-sunday. I have 2 friends new to the dark going along or I would offer to meet up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds great. I've been predator hunting with my cousin (Jeepinyotes) now for about 3 years and we haven't had anything come in on the SGL out in Lackawanna County. I called a red in last week, unfortunately I had my shotgun and he was around 60 yards out until the garbage truck came down the road (about 250 yds from where I was) and stopped to pick up the garbage. As soon as that truck door closed the fox took off.

I figure I'd like to go out with someone who knows more than we do, that way I can figure out if we are doing anything wrong or we're just that unlucky. The SGL where we hunt is large (over 66,000) acres, we've been attesting our lack of production to the fact that there just isn't anything around to call in when we get to go out.

Beagler, I live in Brackney, 20 minutes northwest of Montrose toward the Choconut Inn and the Brackney Inn.

Davy,
Where are you at. My weekends are pretty free, except for the upcoming coyote hunts the next two weeks.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
PM to L Fox.

W 1120 I know what you mean about the gamelands especially the larger ones. I haven't done any better, but need to find the tracks and sign and try some setups, of course now the snow helps with that. PM me if you want to go come Feb., or if you team up with beagler that's good too. I'm in Lenox TWP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts