The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going.....? I'm going to fish wallenpaupack next weekend ! My buddy and I have a goal of 30 walleye from then until may 15th from the PAC. We will probably fish 5-6 weekends mostly evening and nights and see what happens

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
They do..... the season closes March 14 then reopens on May 4(on most Pa waters). So they can try to spawn in peace.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Some bodies of water they are open all year. Pymatuning for example. No clue on Wallenpaupack.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are out and you cant keep until may but when ice thaws we fish the banks for big pickeral and perch and seem to pick up a few along the way. Last year once season was in and spawn was over we did pretty good.they net about 600 from now until mid April to take to hatchery in Wayne county to restock the fry later... I think in may?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
A side note here, if you've never seen the spawn in the headwaters you're missing out on an amazing phenomena. Several times I was trout fishing in the West Branch of the Pack and huge 'eyes were swimming all around me! It's really something to check out. Same with the sucker spawn.

·
Registered
18,428 Posts
nitefox said:
Who's going.....? I'm going to fish wallenpaupack next weekend !
I saw guys ice fishing there five days ago. With the current temps I don't know how much open water there will be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts