The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My late father, my wife and I remodeled this old school house a few years ago. Thought some of you might like it. It has a heated rubber floor that we really like.

Never fail 24/7 alarm system! Ter and Chase

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, those dogs got it rough but we sure wouldn't know what to do without them!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the racks are replicas the wife wanted up there instead of the usual baskets etc.

The floor is 3'*3' rubber tiles with heat tubes ran beneath it. The tile's have a puzzle piece edge and are cut with a water jet so they fit very tight. They are very tough and easy to clean plus nice to walk on.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Nice display , get us some outside shots, where are you, in Lycoming County, would love to see that place, very impressive,liked the two pups too........

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Which schoolhouse is it? Is it the one they just put a gaswell behind near Buttonwood?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I know the one, looks awesome. You should be proud you did that with your Dad. I have an old foundation of a one room schoolhouse on property of mine. Its from the 1830 era. I had a guy metal detect it, that was really neat. Found old bullets, hinges an Iron, doorknobs, and what he thinks were brackets that held up the slate ( Chalkboard ) The ironic part is, with probably a few days work to straighten out the stones, you could build on that foundation again.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yea, me and pops had a blast doing it. He was going down hill and it was the last thing we built together. He loved when company would stop by so he could walk them through it.

He passed away about a year and a half ago on me and my wifes first anniversary, I think he was trying to hold on to be with us that day. Sure isn't the same huntin and fishin without him but I know he is watchin!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RonM said:
Nice display , get us some outside shots, where are you, in Lycoming County, would love to see that place, very impressive,liked the two pups too........
Ron, sorry but somehow I overlooked your post. We are just North of the Lycoming County line. I don't have the outside done yet, hopefully this summer.

You ever get out this way get in touch if you would like to stop by.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I was in Morris last Spring Gobbler, a buddy has a camp that I helped build on Rattler Mine Road, might get by there again in 2013.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My family used to have a coal mine on Rattler Mountain but that was a little before my time.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I tried the metal detector idea but the cheapo one I have for finding lost arrows beeps almost constantly, to much junk I guess. Someday maybe I will try to get a better one. There is an old church next door that would probably be a good place as well.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
LLB said:
Thanks. I tried the metal detector idea but the cheapo one I have for finding lost arrows beeps almost constantly, to much junk I guess. Someday maybe I will try to get a better one. There is an old church next door that would probably be a good place as well.
wow, yes without a doubt there is stuff there. most likely you are littered with old square nails, as are most old sites. They tend to set lower and even medium line detectors off constantly. I had the same issue with the old school and church near my place until I dropped a few G's on a top line detector. Been cleaning up ever since.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
LLB said:
Holy smokes, a few G's! Have you made your money back?
If I would sell, yes. I have enough gold and silver to pay off the detector and enough relics to buy me a few more, but I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it. It is all too special to me, I can remember the exact spot where each item was found. My kids can sell it all one day if they don't appreciate the collection like I do.
*disclaimer: I have an uncle who is a bloodhound when it comes to finding the right spots. without his knowledge, I probably wouldn't have found enough to cover shipping. It isn't as easy as many people think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts