The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People of PA and those of us who have kids, siblings, or friends in small-college athletics please remember the young women and associates of the Seton Hill women's lacrosse team.

Their bus crashed this morning on the PA Turnpike, sadly the driver lost his life as later did their head coach who was expecting a child.

Unless you are blessed to see it up close it is hard to describe how amazing these young athletes really are. We see those "big-time" games on TV, and sometimes forget that they aren't the only ones who play the games. And in the end, it is all just a game.

These small-college athletes are not "going pro" nor will they be the Number One pick to be hugged by the commish. These are young student-athletes maybe on a small partial scholarship who play their sport because they love it.

These young people have great ability, work ethic, and character just to be able to participate in their sport and maintain their grades. They are the future doctors, teachers, nurses, community leaders of America. Having been privileged to meet some of these young people I find comfort in knowing that we indeed to have a great Next Generation of Americans to help take this country forward.

And yes, many, many of the athletes I met are hunters or outdoorsmen/women, or at least enjoy a nice piece of venison jerky. In regards to the phrase about "wanting to be in a foxhole" with someone, you will be very hard pressed to find a better person than a small-college athlete if and when it all finally does hit the fan.

I am confident that many HPA members have sons and daughters that play sports, many are probably in the college ranks, and those people will know what I mean about these young men and women.

Today a tragedy touched some of those young people, some excellent young women on the way to play a game and have some fun had their lives changed forever.

Please remember the Seton Hill Griffins in your prayers this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
Just saw that story.
Very sad to read. Prayers go out to the family of those killed, and to those that were injured.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
My goodness. What a horrible tradgedy. Prayers from our family to all of those involved.

Sometimes times I have to wonder why our Good Lord doesn't watch more over our young children.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Terrible tragedy... Thoughts and prayers go out to all who's lived were in someway touched or changed by this event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts