The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post these too often, but this is from a former soldier that I used to work with. His little girl has had problems on and off since birth, and has been a little trooper through out it all. I think she can now use all the prayers we can give her.
These messages are all I know of what's happening now. He also posted a pic of her laying in the ICU bed that just brings a lump straight to the throat.

It is amazing how small all of life's problems seem when you are staring at your 5 year old laying in a bed in the icu and there is nothing you can do.
Well so far Taylor has bacterial pneumonia, and something else that is effecting her blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and coagulation. They have slightly decreased her blood pressure meds, but are getting ready to give her a transfusion of platelets to help her blood with clotting.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Prayers sent for Taylor and her family, May God bless this little child!!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
That kinda stuff really strikes home with me now that I have a 3 month old son. I cannot imagine as a parent, having to endure something like that. Prayers for the girl and family.

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taylor was born just a few months after my middle son. They used to come to our house for b-day parties, etc. She is an absolute sweetheart! She started life getting blood transfusions when just two weeks old, and has had many trips to the hospital in her life. I haven't heard anything in a while and was hoping all was ok, but sadly I see not.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Bcozhunter,
No joking, ask your buddy if she has been tested for HLH. My boss just lost his 13 year old son to this rare disease last week after a 45 day battle in children's hospital in pgh.

Symptoms sound similar. Has she had high, unexplained fevers off and on throughout life?
It is a rare blood/ immune disorder that is becoming more prevalent and it needs to be caught early if it is a bad flare up. The immune system attacks the platelets, white and red blood cells, etc.

Prayers sent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemophagocytic_lymphohistiocytosis

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justgrad, Thanks, and I will pass that along to him.
Sorry to hear of your bosses son. Something I can't even imagine having to deal with

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Germany, they are at a children's hospital in South Carolina.
Haven't heard any updates yet. Which I hope is a good sign.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
You stuck in the snow over there?
Had an alert sent around the company to make sure to adjust travel plans if you are connecting through Frankfurt.

Continuing with the prayers for your friends daughter.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
prayers sent

·
Super Moderator
26,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Prayer request for a friend's daughter (update

The prayers are working. Thank you all! Doesn't sound like she's out of the woods completely, but at least they know what they're dealing with now and have made some progress.
Below message from my friend.

<span style="font-style: italic">So Taylor, was finally fully diagnosed with Pneumonia, Septic Shock, and Endocarthitis. Luckily the meds and medical equipment has done it's work and as of about 2:30 this morning they removed her ventilator, lung suction, stomach tube, and catheter. They also took her off sedation at that time. Around 10 this morning they removed her central line and her arterial IV. She is waking up and responsive, though she is still tired and worn out and needs rest so will be in the hospital for at least the next few days. She is sleeping now. Hopefully either this evening or tomorrow morning she will be transferred out of the PICU and down to the children's Ward.</span>

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Re: Prayer request for a friend's daughter (update

That is good news Bcoz. Very glad to hear this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts