The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maurkice Pouncey has singed a 5 year/$44M extension with the Steelers.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Wow, I like Pouncey, but that seems like a ton of money for a center, even a very talented one that is prone for injury. I hope it works out. When he is healthy he is very good.

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deal makes him the highest paid center in the league. (Alex Mack (Cleveland) signed a 5yr/$42M deal in April)

The article said aside from last season he has only missed three other games in his three years career.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
As long as he doesn't continue to be prone to being chop blocked or have his ankles rolled over on by his own guys, I think he'll be fine.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Backwoods said:
Deal makes him the highest paid center in the league. (Alex Mack (Cleveland) signed a 5yr/$42M deal in April)

The article said aside from last season he has only missed three other games in his three years career.
Yeah, but one was the Super Bowl over a sprained ankle.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
We should get at least a full season out of him--over the duration of the contract.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Backwoods said:

High ankle sprain caused by that blob of a guard(Big Samoan guy, can't recall his name) getting pushed around and rolling up on his leg. Huge difference between a sprained ankle and a high ankle sprain.

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't think he was part of that, I thought it was just his brother?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Backwoods said:

High ankle sprain caused by that blob of a guard(Big Samoan guy, can't recall his name) getting pushed around and rolling up on his leg. Huge difference between a sprained ankle and a high ankle sprain.
Chris Kemeouatu (sp). The dude that replaced Faneca.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Backwoods said:

Chris Kemoeatu - AKA "The Big Snack"

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Kemoeatu was "Big Juicy". Casey Hampton was the Snack. Casey would be angry with the confusion.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Not sure if Pouncey is a great human being, but he is a great NFL center. I cant argue with this contract.

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
steelerfan58 said:
Buckethead said:
steelerfan58 said:
Backwoods said:

I wouldn't say "replaced" Faneca. That would imply he brought similar value as Faneca. I would say he played the same position as Faneca. Big Juicy was awful and I can't think of a single player that took more penalties at the most inopportune times then him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts