The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
During the first week, I found several nests with all the eggs broken in the nest. The south is reporting real good hatches already.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I have not seen any ere in Va, and I'm a bit worried. We got just pounded with rain for weeks.

·
Premium Member
24,182 Posts
Talked to a friend of mine last evening, he saw little ones two days ago.

·
Premium Member
24,182 Posts
Btw that was in Huntingdon County

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
With the amount of Jake groups that are being seen everywhere we are going to have an outstanding amount of two year olds running around next spring...should be hatching now through the fifth...perfect weather now..

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Believe it or not I saw a brood the end of the second week in a field with mom. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6-DASHER said:
With the amount of Jake groups that are being seen everywhere we are going to have an outstanding amount of two year olds running around next spring...should be hatching now through the fifth...perfect weather now..
Seen 4 jakes and 1 beard playing in field this am. No strutting or gobbling

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You would think all those clamoring for an earlier season should have been able to see a pile of poults by now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crazy year for me!! Felt like the early 90's!! First year I can remember if not seeing poults.. The way the season was acting to me I expected to see them earlier!! Agreed bigbear

·
Registered
19,735 Posts
I have seen several groups over the past few weeks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I saw a hen with little ones Wednesday here in Northumberland County.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm as south central as you can get here in the state and have yet seen any..... +I only missed a handful of days hunting. Hopefully there is a good hatch! Good luck. Signing off till next year.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
bigbear said:
You would think all those clamoring for an earlier season should have been able to see a pile of poults by now.
From all the reports I've been getting since the second week of the season there's lots of poults being seen by everyone, not just guys clamoring for and early season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts