The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these things sit out in all kinds if weather etc. That being said, letting them rattle around in a bag getting banged up to and fro for setup seems like bad news. Does anyone make padded zip pouches and then an overall carry pouch? I'm thinking you can use a camera case sized correctly. Wondering if anyone does this or just throws them in a sack.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I just carry them over my shoulder via the python lock. Run the python lock through the hoops on the camera and then connect the lock in a comfortable ring and wear the camera to the set up!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out some of the main companies make bags for 6 with accessories..also little zip bags for each one individually....trail cam carry bag

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
I usually use my ATV to travel around to set my T cams as I cover over 1,100 acres and I put 10 to 12 cams. I have my cams ready to go in metal security boxes, new batteries and programed. My concern is protecting the camera lens so I wrap each in auto wash towels and arrange them carefully in a large tote bag.

With the walking I do to locate good set locations it usually takes me 2 good days so I am carrying 5-6 cams a day on the ATV. As I arrive in the woods after 10 AM and try to get out before 5PM.

From the ATV I put a towel wrapped cam in my backpack with a smaller bag which I have lag bolts/washers to fasten the security boxes to trees, a ratchet wrench and fittings to carry to the set location.

I do believe it is very important to protect the cams and lens from damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts