The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
potter county spring gobbler

Anybody hunt spring gobbler in 2G in potter county? might head up this spring for something different.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Re: potter county spring gobbler

You bet. My favorite place, time of year and hunting style.
Made even better when your son get his first!

·
Registered
826 Posts

Nice pic. Matt. What call did you use??

·
Banned
6,618 Posts

I go every year, but can only usually hunt 1 or 2 mornings. Great time of year in the big woods.

·
Registered
726 Posts

Every year. Do all my hunting up there. There is no other place like the big woods.
You will enjoy yourself up there shade.

·
Registered
708 Posts

SP Boss said:
Nice pic. Matt. What call did you use??
Boss,
It's always the South Penn for me.

But I do thow in a HS Strut mouth call now and then.

·
Registered
826 Posts

Atta boy Matt. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you an upgraded one. Or we can meet at the Inn and give you one there. Looks like a real nice bird your son killed. Merry Christmas Brother!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

great pics..boy if that don't give ya spring fever nothing will..

·
Registered
708 Posts

Shade,
Don't rush it. It will be here soon enough. The best 2 seasons are left yet - bobcat and flintlock.

Had 30 plus turkeys in the yard today. 8 to 10 gobblers just a gobbling away........

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

potter bound..true true. I alway's enjoyed the late season. Heck for that matter i enjoy any season! lol
But yea think this next year i'll spend some more time up north...Quehanna is another place i used to hunt quite a bit..
maybe i'll run in to some of you guy's up there...take care

·
Registered
6,416 Posts

Larry said:
I go every year, but can only usually hunt 1 or 2 mornings. Great time of year in the big woods.
Same here.

Buddy has a camp in Gaines just across the Tioga line. Hunt both Potter and Tioga from there.

·
Registered
708 Posts

I laser engraved this call with a few of my favorite roads.
Rcognize any???

·
Registered
826 Posts

Yep!! I recognize the call too.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

imagine quite a few new gas wells have popped up since i hunted up there last. I used to hunt the whole hammersley area quite a bit. MCconnel rd...Anybody else hunt there?..Since hammersley was designated a wild area Did the gas companys drill there?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

I remember the day when you had to travel to the north central mountains or the Raystown area to even hear many gobblers!!! Today you can hunt them almost in the middle of every city in the state. The last time I hunted them up north was near cross forks, we always had a lot of luck and great times up north, drinking beers from those canning jars at Footes Inn, great days...I remember scratching my head on that last hunt, the third week of May and snow flakes were falling from the sky..amazing days spent there.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

Harvested a 19# gobbler the FIRST Spring season. Stayed at DEERLICK CAMPGROND. Hunted and fished in Potter for few years scored some missed some always had a great time thinking of giving it a try this spring any reccomendaions on accomadations. TOO OLD FOR A TENT NOW, Cottage ,Motel or Cabin GOOD looking at latter part of season when you can stay out all day if need be.
Smage

1 - 20 of 34 Posts