The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
congrats. I knew of 3 10 points, 2 8 points and a 6 point on the mountain i was on up there last week but i didnt find them. That is a fine buck.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
very nice deer.

Saw a couple of awesome photos of deer this year that came from north central PA. I would say antler restrictions are working.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Code:
very nice deer.

Saw a couple of awesome photos of deer this year that came from north central PA. I would say antler restrictions are working.
My guess is it's more likely a lack of hunting pressure in those northern mountains

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Code:
My guess is it's more likely a lack of hunting pressure in those northern mountains
I agree. The older gentleman i stop in to see during rifle shot a buck last year in archery that was 8 1/2 years old and the one the year before was 6 1/2. Those deer dont see much pressure until bear season. I dont know what part of potter this buck was taken on this thread. Some parts of Potter do get some pressure but still not a lot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Code:
I agree. The older gentleman i stop in to see during rifle shot a buck last year in archery that was 8 1/2 years old and the one the year before was 6 1/2. Those deer dont see much pressure until bear season. I dont know what part of potter this buck was taken on this thread. Some parts of Potter do get some pressure but still not a lot.
I think a combination of both. Throughout the years we passed on smaller bucks, or borderline bucks. And now for the last couple years it's been paying off. Have several cameras throughout the mountains, have another one close to this buck, and 6 others that are nice 3 maybe 4 yr old bucks.

Hoping for a mild winter and 2020 should be a great year

1 - 20 of 22 Posts