The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
"Put me down, or I will poop in one of your slippers, while chewing up the other."

Reactions: Bates

·
Super Moderator
28,381 Posts
You might have to pick yours up at UHaul ! lol
Or a crane rental place! And she's the smaller of the two Saints we had. The first was a male that went about 180 lbs. Shortly before he died he had a tumor on his spine and lost use of his legs. Getting him to the vet was a bit difficult to say the least. Long story that I don't want to get into, but when we brought him home they said he should be up and walking in a few days. I rigged up a dolly to get him outside a few times a day, and could have used a hoist to get him on and off. He never did get up again, and died about 10 days after taking him home. Also could have used a backhoe to bury him....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Or a crane rental place! And she's the smaller of the two Saints we had. The first was a male that went about 180 lbs. Shortly before he died he had a tumor on his spine and lost use of his legs. Getting him to the vet was a bit difficult to say the least. Long story that I don't want to get into, but when we brought him home they said he should be up and walking in a few days. I rigged up a dolly to get him outside a few times a day, and could have used a hoist to get him on and off. He never did get up again, and died about 10 days after taking him home. Also could have used a backhoe to bury him....
Those were some tough days for you I'm sure. They always live on in our minds.

·
Super Moderator
28,381 Posts
Those were some tough days for you I'm sure. They always live on in our minds.
They sure do. Like most of us, I've had several dogs of my own and been around and with countless others. But that St Bernard I wrote about, Barry, had by far the most character of any dog I've ever met. To us he was that once in a lifetime pet, but he was only 4 when he died.
Just a cool dog.

Barry at about 6 months old.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
We got a small lifejacket for our little dog that looked like the one pictured. When he decided to go for a swim it made it real easy to just pick him up and get him back in the boat without getting soaked. Kept him afloat better too and he liked wearing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts