The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a place where on a few hundred acres you can go and honestly see between 250 - 300 deer. No one is allowed to hunt it. (Trust me) My point is that the deer live very close together and know not to leave the property because they will be shot at. The land owner dumps huge piles of corn there and sometimes there might be 100 deer eating at one spot.
Is that not an issue to animal health? I always thought when animals get to populated diseases spread. I bet nothing ever happens until it is too late because the land owner is wealthy.
I don’t care what people do on their own property till effects us all and when disease hits the herd it will affect deer in three counties.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
If he has all the deer in the area, then you don't have to worry about disease, there won't be any left to bring it in! Seriously, yes, if there is disease, that is a darn good way to spread it quickly, but if there isn't, consider him your savior. without tracts of land like that there wouldn't be any deer left in some areas. I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I have a neighbor that is similar, but I know that I benefit every year because of her "saving" of the deer all rifle season

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about deer, but I know with cattle for sure when they eat where another poops, disease spreads. And don't worry deer don't come off it, he has roaming patrols to make sure of that,

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
now, you are correct in every way, disease, IF it gets in the herd, WILL spread like wildfire in a situation like that. As for roaming patrols, yeah, that kinda stinks. One of those people who owns the deer huh?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He pays people that work for him not to hunt during deer season and patrol the borders. And that is fine I guess. I bring my freinds to hunt on mhy farm, the memories are worth more to me than any deer.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
There is a guy on here who lives out that way who says he puts out big piles of corn year round and he doesn't shoot any deer except one big buck per year. Could it be the guy?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
DaytonFarmer said:
He pays people that work for him not to hunt during deer season and patrol the borders. And that is fine I guess. I bring my freinds to hunt on mhy farm, the memories are worth more to me than any deer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About a week ago wes seen about 200 on the one side and I seen about 80 to 100 by the office

1 - 14 of 14 Posts