The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite possibles bag?

I am curious to see the variety and creativeness of those talented enough to construct their own, or examples of purchased items and what did you like about it that made you want to purchase it?

So if you don’t mind sharing a picture or two of your set up... let’s see it and why it is your favorite.

·
Premium Member
23,614 Posts
Greybear, JR (HPA Member) hand crafts the best IMO. Ck his site out & give Jack a call. I bought his Double Bag many years ago.

Greybear Leather

Double Pouch Shooting Bag: Our most popular bag, this double pouch has two inside pockets, lined flap with cut-out design and a hand woven Linsey/Woolsey strap with patch knife sheath on the back.
Size: 8 1/2"x 7 1/2"x 2"
Price: $95.00

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Still havent figured how to put a picture with a post, but my possibles bad is a camo version I got in Wally World for I think $20.

Its two main compartments hide binoculars and lunch, with a zip open pouch for speed loaders, 4F priming flask, short starter, and weather proofing.

Under the main flap is a zipper compartment with spare flints, emery cloth, and a few small tools.

It has a shoulder strap as well, and two outside compartments too.

Far from a traditional leather possibles bag, but Bob Patterson passed a few years ago, and when his handmade bag needed replacement, well, theres always Wally World. If any of you have a possibles bag with the initials RP on it that you found at a reenactment, Bob made it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CE228466-F60E-4656-8E1F-5527AEA377C7.jpeg
Not my favorite bag but this one has been along for many hunts. Had it now for 20 years or more. Not fancy but holds the possibles you need. Just bought one at the lewisburg show waiting on a modification to be made, then I’ll have a new favorite.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Like Loggy, I've been a fan of Gray Bear's bags for years, and have three which hang with two rifles and one fowler. I'm pleased to see Gray Bear Jr. (Jack) is continuing his Dad's fine bag work. Best wishes, Jack!:smile2:

·
Premium Member
23,614 Posts
Like Loggy, I've been a fan of Gray Bear's bags for years, and have three which hang with two rifles and one fowler. I'm pleased to see Gray Bear Jr. (Jack) is continuing his Dad's fine bag work. Best wishes, Jack!:smile2:
Amen Berks. I know you did some Late Season Hunts etc with Jack(GB Jr) as have I plus Jack & I did some fishing trips too. I sure miss seeing Pop(SR) at the shows and am tempted to add a bag with JR's signature. You won't find any better craftsmanship!!

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I have to agree with Loggy and Berksy. I own two Greybear bags, one single and one double.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Like you, Rusty and Loggy, I have a Gray Bear double bag, which has a green Cross of Loraine, and looks real fine hanging beneath my Brad Emig "Yorktown" rifle. My problem with that bag is I stuff both sides with important "stuff", and it makes me walk a bit lop-sided through the woods!

I always tote it, thinking that each outing may provide the opportunity for that photo with that long-awaited 10 point trophy! Each outing, the bag gets heavier!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
After reviewing the Grey bear website I agree these bags look real nice and the prices are very reasonable too! I might have to check into the large haversack.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Eric Fleischer from Perry county makes some nice bags I have a couple. Period correct to boot. Good guy reasonable prices

1 - 15 of 15 Posts