The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Vera Bradley ..or Vera Greybear?

I have one for each caliber. Saves switching them out..grab and go. One I made one from the material on back of my MIL's old sofa...nice old tapestry. Hope she never pulls it out to clean behind it.

To the OP, I don't think I've ever seen one in camo.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA I should have known I may take a ribbing for this. One thing with leather that bothers me is scent control. I know I can only be so scent conscience, but I try and do my best. I felt something made from a form of fabric I may be able to maintain better. I will say, if I decide on leather Loggy those are awesome bags!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Been drooling over greybear bags for a while. I just need to stop putting it off. 1 for each caliber sounds good.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Cabelas sells (or did sell) a fleece camo one...thats what i use...works well...has a main compartment covered by a flap that buckles and a front and rear compartment that zipper...i keep my ball block and charge tubes in the main compartment and other stuff i dont need in a hurry in the zippers...

·
Registered
968 Posts
brewyak said:
He does make some nice bags, and totally worth the money.
They are worth the money that's for sure. Bought one from him up at dixons gunmakers fair this year. The one I bought has the wrought iron buckle. I am thinking of getting him to make me something with a different design in the flap than the normal ones he has as well as a sheath for a patch knife on the strap. Imo he made a nicer bag and cheaper than anyone else there.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
camo and scent control let i shot 7 bucks and cant count how many does i understand what your are saying but to be tradtional long hunter i stick with leather

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
brewyak said:
He does make some nice bags, and totally worth the money.

AMEN!! Plus made right here in our PA State by an outstanding PA craftsman!!

My Grey Bear Bag:

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
The big ugly purse

It was laying in the then girl friends closet, unused.
I picked it up and asked if it was hers. Yes, some one had made the big, ugly, leather purse for her and she never used the monstrosity.

It's been my possibles bag for over 35 years.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hmmm never thought about being stylish, I'm 45 and still not cool lol. My bag is an old OD green canvas military pouch. Actually it was my dad's, that old Dutchman was as cheap as the day is long and i wouldn't dream of carrying something else.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts