The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a camo waist pack with a couple pockets for a possibles bag and am looking to upgrade this year. Does anyone have recommendations for a decent pack that’s not an arm and a leg?

·
Super Moderator
13,002 Posts
Did you try Army surplus on line or in the stores????...Not sure what you need, but they have several available.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I found a camo bag in Walmart that works out pretty well. It is pretty large, but if you can't fit everyhing you can possibly want to bring in it(the reason "possibles bag" was coined) it won't be the fault of the bag. It was only about $25, has 2 inside compartments, numerous smaller ones, as well as a shoulder strap. It is bulky.

Dixon's is your best bet for a traditional leather bag, and the Fair is not this but next weekend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been using the same sets of Mosin Nagant belt ammo pouches for almost 20 years now. Durable compact and really keep the weather out.
First set holds cleaning gear. Rammer extension, bore guide, patch worm and ball puller in one. SKS plastic oiler filled with rubbing alcohol and patches in the other.
Second set. One pouch holds bullets and sabots, the other holds powder tubes.
Not a bag, but certainly holds possibles.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I been using an old leather purse for the last 40 years that was my wifes from the hippe days .
Yep.

I found one in Gabriel Brothers that looked like someone just took it off a mountain man. Way I figger it...…………..as soon as you put lead balls and a pan primer and your short starter in it...…………...it's a possibles bag, not a purse. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep.

I found one in Gabriel Brothers that looked like someone just took it off a mountain man. Way I figger it...…………..as soon as you put lead balls and a pan primer and your short starter in it...…………...it's a possibles bag, not a purse. :grin2:
I’m going to need a corner off your man card :rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts