The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you are transporting or have in your possesion out side of your residance more than the daily limit that is the possesion limit.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No so, PA doesn't have a possession limit, we have a field possession limit which is twice the daily limit on and after the 2nd day of a season. The limit applies to game possessed outside of your residence, ie. in transit, at camp etc, the field possession limit applies. Once the game is at your residence the field possession limit does not apply. However, on federally controled game birds such as waterfowl, doves and woodcock there is a possession limit of twice the daily bag limit and that applies even at your residence in your freezer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Say I am at camp for a week and have 12 rabbits dressed out in the freezer and come back one evening with a couple more, am I violating?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Andy Purnell said:
Say I am at camp for a week and have 12 rabbits dressed out in the freezer and come back one evening with a couple more, am I violating?
What kinda rabbits? If it is snow shoes then yes.LOL

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
John S said:
No so, PA doesn't have a possession limit, we have a field possession limit which is twice the daily limit on and after the 2nd day of a season. The limit applies to game possessed outside of your residence, ie. in transit, at camp etc, the field possession limit applies. Once the game is at your residence the field possession limit does not apply. However, on federally controled game birds such as waterfowl, doves and woodcock there is a possession limit of twice the daily bag limit and that applies even at your residence in your freezer.
That there part is the part that can really confuseal most and really tick MOST off!

Some of us Just love jerky and snack sticks made from goose breasts... and need to have more then 2 days worth of breasts to make them...but, we can not legally do that...

John, NOT busting your chops on that, just rehashing what has already been told before and how that if you do not read closely or ask a WCO, you would end up possiably on the wrong end of the Pen!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
speedstick said:
Andy Purnell said:
Farm Bred, Pen Raised, Wild Colored Rabbits

I've had a few in the past that looked EXACTLY Like a Wild Rabbits but they were from a breeding of a Chinchilla Rabbit and a Brown Dutch rabbit....

How would a WCO know they truely were not wild if you had say 20 of them laying around being ready to butcher on a day after a rabbit hunt?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
speedstick said:
Andy Purnell said:

I've had a few in the past that looked EXACTLY Like a Wild Rabbits but they were from a breeding of a Chinchilla Rabbit and a Brown Dutch rabbit....

How would a WCO know they truely were not wild if you had say 20 of them laying around being ready to butcher on a day after a rabbit hunt?
Here where I hunt would be easy to know. We don't have a population of 20 rabbits at all.The predators ate them all. LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
speedstick said:
Andy Purnell said:

I was looking to raise wild rabbits to restock. But couldn't find any info,well not much info on them other than the males are pretty vicious at times and kills the youngs when they find them. need a good size area to raise them though.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
speedstick said:
Woodywoodduck said:
speedstick said:
Andy Purnell said:

I was looking to raise wild rabbits to restock. But couldn't find any info,well not much info on them other than the males are pretty vicious at times and kills the youngs when they find them. need a good size area to raise them though.
If you were raising Wild Rabbits, Yeah I guess you would need a big area... but if it was Domesticated Rabbits, all you need is a 2 foot x 2 foot area for them!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
speedstick said:
Woodywoodduck said:
speedstick said:
Andy Purnell said:

If you were raising Wild Rabbits, Yeah I guess you would need a big area... but if it was Domesticated Rabbits, all you need is a 2 foot x 2 foot area for them!
I want some kinda challenge though. It be like hunting PA elk herds. Just like shooting a cow as it looks at you. LOL

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Myt grandmother and many years ago speaking used to can deer meat. I heard it was illegal to do this since it could be kept so long. Is there anything to this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
outofstater said:
Myt grandmother and many years ago speaking used to can deer meat. I heard it was illegal to do this since it could be kept so long. Is there anything to this?
I think it was 3 months. But with all the bonus tags now. I would think they changed it. But I do not know if they have or not. I haven't ever heard of anyone being given a hard time of canned deer or deer in freezer after the time limit though.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you are at camp for a week and have 12 rabbits in the freezer you are already in violation since the daily limit is 4 and the field possession limit is 8. Once you hit twice the daily limit you must eat some or give them away before you kill any more.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No Andy, once you get them home there is no season possession limit. I can remember when there was a season limit on pheasants though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts