1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Looks like the 5" min for females has changed, but I don't keep females myself anyway. There are enough for my use to keep only big males, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is a picnic table covered with newspaper and a pile of crabs. Throw in a pitcher filled with your beverage of choice resulting in hours of enjoyment and a full stomach. Spent many days enjoying blues those few summers I was a resident of OC.

·
Premium Member
23,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Better catch em yourself. I hear they’re getting $200+ off the boat. Retail by the dozen $60-80, $260 for half bush
I know in/around OC MD plus Del Shores(hobeth, Bethany, Fenwick etc) plus nj prices always run at least $100/bushel higher than some smaller dealers a lil off the beaten path. I catch my own & rarely buy unless a friend is looking for a couple bushels for a gathering etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Better catch em yourself. I hear they’re getting $200+ off the boat. Retail by the dozen $60-80, $260 for half bush
I paid 25% less than your low-end price, and I'm told to expect the price to drop as temperatures rise.

I always buy a couple dozen when my local crab shack opens. They opened on Friday, 5/1/20, and I got mine the following Wednesday. They said April was cold and windy, no use crabbing.

I guess what you "hear" depends on your location and your supplier.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like the 5" min for females has changed, but I don't keep females myself anyway. There are enough for my use to keep only big males, thanks.
Females are said to be plentiful, currently. Picking houses are closed due to Covid, and they're the biggest buyer of females.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts