The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this while out in the great white NEPA today. When I saw the rut in the snow from a distance, I knew it wasn't made by a deer. I thought perhaps a bear was out and about. But when I got closer, I saw that it was not made by a bear.

I could not make out the tracks in the first two pictures, although they appeared to be small. I did find some tracks in the last picture which was taken about 3/4 mile away from the first.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't follow the trail in the first two pictures, but I did follow the one in the bottom. Lead to a tree on the edge of a hemlock swamp and because the tracks showed whatever it was went up the tree, leads me to believe it was a porcupine or maybe a raccoon?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.