The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever removed a trailer furnace and used it in a shanty? I got a old popup trailer given to me and was thinking of putting the furnace in a deer shanty. its a 12 volt/propane type. thoughts?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It might work..It will have to be vented and how old is it.Is it safe.For under a $100 you can get a propane heater made for what you want to do.Very safe.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Spider webs tend to block up those old camper furnaces bad if they are not used or cleaned regularly. I agree for the time and effort to remove and install a camper furnace in a deer stand a portable heater with a CO safety shut off seems much easier.

Also lately its not been that cold in deer season. Couple opening days I wished for an AC unit instead of a heater.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess you didn't see i'm a plumber!! gotta give it a try, there is thousands of campers out there and they have no problems!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would't see why it wouldn't work. I will say the heater in my camper is a little noisy....you can hear the burner and the fan is kinda loud.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Buddy Heater . 1 lb. canister lasts 7 hours . 20 lb. bottle lasts 3 days nonstop. More than enough heat for an 8X8 shoot in shanty

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
My first camper (late 1960's) had a propane heater that had no circulation fan. The pilot was manually lit and turned off. It worked strictly by the "heat rises" principal and did a good job in a 19 ft camper. It also had a propane mantel light mounted on the wall. That thing threw a lot of heat just by itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts