The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They done it again. Last year my Hoyt alphamax limb splintered and took it back to the pro shop to get fixed, three months to get it back. Then ordered a dozen arrows ... Drove the 45 minutes to pick them up, wrong arrows !!! Now the icing on the cake ... 2 weeks ago took my z7 there, was making noise , guy took it back to work on it and tightenend a bolt down too hard and splintered the limb. Promised it back within a week. Week one went by nothing, called. He said limb will be there by Monday , it only takes 15 minutes to put it on and I'll have it back to you, well here's the end of week two , still nothing . I'm panicking now , early anterless is two weeks away and no z7. I have the Hoyt yet, but that's besides the point .. I don't know who's fault it is, mathews or the shop.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It would be the shop. if they are breaking limbs, then their employees should go to Bow School and learn what to do the right way.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pm me if someone wants the name ... I don't want to throw it out here til I pick it up... Still gotta go there one last time yet!!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
We have never had it take more than afew days to get parts from the Mathew's factory. Usually things are shipped out the same day we call.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I WOULD CALL MATHEWS AND TELL THEM THE STORY AND THE JAGOFFS NAME. I SMELL NEW BOW, IT IS THE BOWSHOPS FAULT.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
From talking to Hoyt in the past( I had 40# limbs made for a bow that came w/60# for my son), from what I understand, they make both sets at the same time(top/bottom). They have x amount of orders for x limbs, then go to another limb type,style, poundage, ect....cure time and paint. Took 16 days drop off to pick up.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the call.. Picking up Monday ... Almost three weeks!!! Hopefully everythings good. Supposedly there's a new shop coming to the area soon.. Might have to try that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts