The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a pontoon boat and docked @ Indian River. I noticed many pontoons are tied up with a pulley and weight system for the aft lines. Can anyone tell me what type and how much weight is used? How deep should the weight be ? Any other advice?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Before my marina went to floating docks, I used weights and pulleys on all four corners of my boat.

I poured Sakrete into 1 gallon containers and put in eye bolts to fasten the lines.

Adjust the lines so that the weights are just above the sea-bed at high tide. Don’t forget to add a separate spring line to keep your boat from hitting the front of the dock.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you use spring lnes on both sides of your boat and spring it fore and aft and have your fore and aft dock lines adjusted correctly you won't need weights and pulleys.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. I believe I have what I need for the weight and pulley system and hope to put it up this week end. I'll post how it goes.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Son and I set it up on Sat , so far so good . Checked it at different tides and seems to be set properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts