The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Sweet!Thats a nice pond. Im jealous . Our pond is a bit bigger than the dock, a cow watering hole back in the day ,fed from a seeping hillside spring.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liking that dock muchly. Can you provide construction details or hardware supplier. I would appreciate any
additional info.

I bought it from this place in Ohio. They use to be a metal fabricating company that made products for coal plants but with the slowdown in coal they switched over to making docks. Top notch company, reasonable and everything metal they make themselves and make it heavy duty. They came and installed my dock in about 3 hours.

Our dock is 12x16. They fabricated heavy duty dog steps on the left of the dock and can make anything you want.

Of course when my labs were in the water, they swam right past the steps I had made for them and swam to shore to get back on the dock. My wife laughed at the look on my face. I wasn't as amused.

Genesis Services - Dock Pricing

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, does it raise and lower or is it solid..

Our dock will hold 6,200 lbs but the dock weighs 1,800 lbs so about 4,400 lbs on the dock. If you notice in the one picture, the floats are only about 2" in the water. Very buoyant and stable.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We really did our research on this. If you're thinking about a permanent dock, you might want to look at youtube. In our area, ice has the tendency to up heave the pilings. In more northern areas on lakes, it's almost a yearly job having someone come in with heavy equipment to push your pilings back down(if your dock wasn't ruined).

I didn't want anything I had to pull out at the end of the year or had to worry about ice. I just wasn't sold on the floating docks because I didn't want to bounce. Finally found a company that built their floating docks so heavy duty and with so much support from the floats that I am more than pleased with the end product.

If anyone is going to build one themselves, make sure to add a 4x4 float in the center of the dock. Increases stability exponentially.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I bought it from this place in Ohio. They use to be a metal fabricating company that made products for coal plants but with the slowdown in coal they switched over to making docks. Top notch company, reasonable and everything metal they make themselves and make it heavy duty. They came and installed my dock in about 3 hours.

Our dock is 12x16. They fabricated heavy duty dog steps on the left of the dock and can make anything you want.

Of course when my labs were in the water, they swam right past the steps I had made for them and swam to shore to get back on the dock. My wife laughed at the look on my face. I wasn't as amused.

Genesis Services - Dock Pricing

Thanks for the information. I'm not happy with my current dock. I built it (in a hurry as the pond was filling) out from the top of the bank (much like a deck) which put it too far above the water. I like the ramp down and the floating aspects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts