The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Ok, I will bite NO, I would like it to be extended 1 hour to 1pm though.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
if iam far from the house , then yes i might as well be in the woods instead of getting back on the road and heading home . maybe something went wrong with the morning hunt , to many hens , another hunter messed it up, etc, maybe wait for the hens and gobblers to seperate late morning then try to get him around 1 maybe 2 pm,i know i could always go fishing instead of hunting after morning, but now a days i only fish from a boat so i anit towing it to the turkey woods ,plus for some time could be a issue so hunt when you can my two cents.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't see any problem with it. Gives more time in the woods which is always nice. I don't hunt the entire time I go back for lunch take a nap then hit the afternoon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I love the extended time. With the limited days I have to hunt, A FULL day is a welcome addition to the time I can spend afield.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I hunted every day of the season last spring and the one before it...never was in the woods past 12:00...riding around in the late afternoon I never saw a single car or truck parked anywhere and while listening I never heard a single sound.. doesn't seem to make any difference either way in my unit..2E..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would have to say I'm against it, but only cause it cuts into my trout fishing time !! I am still on the fence as to what impact it will have on the resource, everthing needs a break from being pressured and pursued once in awhile. I basically feel that way about Sunday hunting, everything needs a break.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Not really for it but what the heck...i'll go a few times if i have a tag.

·
Registered
757 Posts
In favor of all day hunting, other states implemented it based on their studies, long before PA started messing with the idea. Like kudu said, what's not to like about increased opportunity to hunt?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Against it. I hate the excuse kids need it so they can go after school. I went hunting nearly every morning before school from the time I was 14 until I graduated. I had to ride a bike at 400am to the field I was hunting in so I could cover the distance back to the house quicker and still make the bus. Besides, we have a very strong turkey population and I hate to see anything changed that will diminish that.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
bigbear said:
Against it. I hate the excuse kids need it so they can go after school. I went hunting nearly every morning before school from the time I was 14 until I graduated. I had to ride a bike at 400am to the field I was hunting in so I could cover the distance back to the house quicker and still make the bus. Besides, we have a very strong turkey population and I hate to see anything changed that will diminish that.
You've got to think outside your box a little bit. What percentage of kids can ride their bikes to their hunting spots and be back in time for the bus? I'll bet the vast majority aren't so fortunate.
I like the afternoon hunts and I'll definitely be doing alot more of it this year with my family schedule. If you've never had a bird cranked in the afternoon, you don't know what you're missing

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
All for it, and I'll add I wish the season opened in Mid-April. If fear of extinction is the issue, cut it back to one bearded bird a year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts