The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,798 Posts
I don't know 25-30. But I usually only carry 3 mouth calls, a box call and a crow call....any sometimes a slate call.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have way too many. I just set up a friend who is just starting out with all the calls he will need for next spring.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have more than I can use at one time. There are plenty on this forum that are collectors and have great calls that they collect and at times take for a walk in the woods.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I have about 11 calls. I usually find myself always reaching for the same 3. Or those are the calls I've had the most success with.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I have about 60 mouth calls, 4 or 5 box calls, 7 or 8 pot calls, and several wing bone calls. I even have the "carbonator" that POS that MAD sold about 15 years ago. LOL

I know that I have at least 30 strikers also.

And 80% of the Gobblers that I have seen die, all came to one call...

·
Premium Member
24,075 Posts
SnoodStretcher said:
Can we start a support group?
I hope so since i'm an addict

I gave some calls away last year to reduce some of the ones I never took anymore, so now I just keep a select few

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
These are just the boxcalls. There's only ONE of them I take to the woods........ever.

I think I have a problem.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Strut,
I take great comfort knowing there are those who have it worse than I do.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Denny Emery said:
Very nice collection!
Thanks. But I look at it as more of an "accumulation" rather than a "collection".

I guess there are a few "collectibles" in there, though.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
SnoodStretcher said:
Fullfan said:
And 80% of the Gobblers that I have seen die, all came to one call...
What call was that and is it for sale?
Aww grasshopper you should know better. LOL

Strutt I think you might have issues....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have alot. I have been collecting calls for about 6 years now. I have ones I hunt with and ones that sit on my bookcases that will never be hunted with. I enjoy buying hand made painted calls. I collect box as well as friction calls. I prefer signed and numbered but won't hesitate to buy a great looking call. If any one has any ideas where to buy calls reasonably priced let me know. I do check EBAY but guys go nuts bidding on calls that are not that vaulable and then they jack up the price. Good luck this spring to all who go!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts