The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our elected politicians take an oath when they are sworn into office. In this oath they swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States.
So I say that if any politician introduces a bill that goes against the Constitution or if they even speak about such a thing, they should be immediately removed from office.
Just my 2 cents worth but who am I. I am just the idiot who votes for them and puts them in their position so they can do whatever they want.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
It does seem they are immune from violating their oath of office. This runs from the president on down thru Congress and I too have wondered why no one has the intestinal fortitude to try and prosecute them.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The reason they will not prosecute anyone is that they all have violated the oath in one form or the other and its like having criminals punish criminals, just won;t happen. The only way for any of them to take the oath seriously and realize that there is punishment for violating it is for us to physically throw them in the Potomac.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Personally I think what the Obama regime did in Fast & Furious is tantamount to treason. If they all swung from yardarms I wouldn't shed a tear- send a message to the folks that follow that we mean business and this isn't a joke. But, since we do nothing to them, they treat it like a game and a joke. They take an oath but have no concept of what a mans word means or the seriousness of an oath. Mainly b/c there are no consequences or accountability. None. Zero. What's the worst that will happen? Lose the next election so they can move on to make 6+ figures as a lobbyist?

BH

·
Registered
465 Posts
Really, if you think about it, what punishment do we, as a people, exact upon our legislators when they break their oath. Most would say, the only thing we have is an election. I beg to differ though, look within the Constitution, what is our only form of punishment? I believe it to be the 2nd Amendment. They should fear the people, they have lost that fear and now they attempt to rid our only written means of defense and punishment.

What is going on should wake every American. Some may say, their congressmen or Senators have done nothing to be punished. But I ask, if they have done nothing to deserve punishment, what have they done to deserve re-election?

We see these fights on capitol hill about the sequester, the balanced budget, the deficit, gun control laws. But really what has your congressmen or senators done to protect the American people. Why do we only hear a few names in the news. Paul Ryan? Rand Paul? John Boehner? Harry Reid? Why do we not hear from our congressmen and senators? They are all failing us.

Come 2014, let your voices be heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts