The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a side by side for the past year so I stopped by a local polaris dealer after work today. I was checking out the Polaris Razr 800 XC Edition. I was wondering if anyone on here owns one and I would like to hear what you have to say about them both good and bad. I want one so bad but that's a lot of money for a toy. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I had a RZR 800, traded it in toward a Can Am a few weeks ago. It ran good and I never had any trouble with it, I just did not like how low to the ground it was. Seemed it was constantly hitting rocks with the underside.
I am not sure what the XC edition is, but I know the RZR "S" has more ground clearance than the regular 800.

800 is more than enuff power for that size machine.

Need to decide what you want to use a side x side for, if it's just playen and trail riding, the RZR "S" or equivalent RZR model that has ground clearance, is a fun machine.
Not much storage in them, and obviously not much hauling capacity, but they are fast and sporty if that's what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you want a rzr the xc is the one to get. It has all the upgrades you will want anyway. The main upgrades on the xc are the power steering Shocks and seats. I would recommend a skid plate if you do buy it. The skids on the rzr are week. If you want to read more go to the rzr forum. Lots of Good info there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up buying the RZR XC 800 today. They had a package deal going on with the extras so i ended up getting the radio, 3500 lb winch, rock sliders, and roof. Ill end up purchasing a plow before winter and i plan on upgrading the skid plate ASAP. Just going to baby her till then. hahaha Ill post pictures tomorrow when i get it home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts