The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 ranger 500. I bought a windshield ( plex glass ) and a top dealer installed. Last year hauling it back and forth the top blew off. I just got from amazon a new top that bolts on along with a plastic back window. I would like to have a door if possible but not going to pay 5-600.00. They have a complete soft top with doors but don't care for them. I was wondering about being creative and making a home made door out of plywood and putting a piece of plex glass in it. Has anyone tried this or any ideas or pics?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Couldn't get the link to post, but go to YouTube and type in - "How to make redneck UTV doors for under $100.00". Looks like it would work and not be too difficult.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Go to a marine canvass guy, They are the guys who make the roll up eising glass windows for boat bridge and aft deck enclosures. Yu can find these guys at or near Marinas, I am sure being in MD you know where one is.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Hey, there it is. I don't know why I couldn't get the link to post. It had to been something wrong with my computer. It certainly was nothing I did wrong!:smile_big:

·
Registered
11,211 Posts
Hey, there it is. I don't know why I couldn't get the link to post. It had to been something wrong with my computer. It certainly was nothing I did wrong!:smile_big:

I'd tell ya how I did it, but then I'd have to... well... you know. :surprise2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts