Ivarest! Rub it on, then don't rinse for 5 min. The menthol cools and makes you itch less. Follow up with globs of calamine lotion to dry it out! Make sure you wash your cloths in hot water to get the urushiol off or you'll just keep getting it. My brother and i had it all over our chests and legs from not cleaning our cloths good enough, then we scrubbed anything we touched with rubbing alcohol.
Bleach for killing the stuff. I have also used metal serving spoons from the freezer or ice blocks. Place the cold spoon bowl on the ivy bumps and let it sit there until your skin warms it up. Be careful with this because the metal can stick to the skin if you pull it off while it is still cold. Takes the itch away, probably by deadening the nerve endings.
I can get poison ivy looking at it in a book.
If I let it go a few days after I get it then its off to the doctors for corticosteroid pills.
I use the bleach and then Caladryl clear gel at first sight of the nasty bugger. I will take the burn of the bleach over that itch anytime.
I had a English Pointer that would give me poison ivy by rubbing up against me when we got home every time I took him hunting.