The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Im interested in a pro trainer in the western part of the state Of course i know Knob mountain he is just a little further than i wish to travel not that i have ruled it out just interested in some prospects to visit before i make a decision

·
Registered
636 Posts
Call Jim Winnen at Winnen's Kennels in Wattsburg. He's a Brittany breeder but will train any pointing breed I believe. Great guy too !

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
How long are you putting her with a trainer? If you are not visiting a lot the drive can be worth the drive.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello in the past i have always used a trainer between 1 and three months i would like to visit as often as possible thats why im looking close to home

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I sent mine to Bruce Shaffer 2 weeks ago. 3.5 hours but I will still go to visit just not as often

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Jim Winnen is in wattsburg and you could train with him everyday if you wanted to. Great guy, I think he is in GA running trials right now but will be back soon. As soon as may gets here my dog will be heading back up to him for some spring bird work.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Just talked to curt he is booked through the end of the year said to try again late summer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts