The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
This is my first year as a member of the German Shorthaired Pointer Club of Greater Pittsburgh, and I've taken it as my duty to grow the club. There are less than 10 active members, and no conflicting agendas. The ONE agenda is to host 2 AKC hunt tests, 1 water test and 1 show. We have a few good leads for designated hunting grounds for the upcoming year, but we know the only way be around in the future is to grow the club.

I am a young guy, and would say this is a great club for other young guys to join and quickly get involved, BUT I think it could be an equally welcoming place for any experienced guys who are tired of the politics of their current club - remember, this club has not alter agendas- Just the love of our dogs.

If anyone has any interest or questions feel free to call Michael Leek in Pittsburgh @ 412.996.9967 or [email protected]

Dues are only $20!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have a German Drahthaar would this not be eligble for the club? I'm new to bird dogs and just looking to learn too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, right now we are meeting right on route 30 outside of North Versailles, but we have our hunt test up at Oakridge and we are looking at grounds south and west of Pittsburgh. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
This sounds interesting! I will have to look you up once I get my Pup. I am close to North Versailles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely! I started when I got my puppy, it was a great way to get over the "new parent" jitters... ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts