The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, close to a million impoverished Ohioans collect federal assistance in the form of food stamps. If the thrust of last week’s election was, as many have argued, a welfare quid-pro-quo, it’s clear these people represented a big portion of the buckeye state’s pro-Obama vote.

I wonder how they’ll react when they find out their monthly check is about to get $50 smaller.

A combination of last year’s mild winter and a drop in the price of natural gas has led the government to lower the “Standard Utility Allowance” by $166 dollars for 2013. As a result, the amount each welfare recipient receives in food stamps will drop by $50 per month.

Those affected by the change should receive a letter in the next couple of weeks, informing them of their reduced income.

How a $166 dollar drop in natural gas prices and usage leads to only a $50 drop in food stamps is a mystery that’s likely buried in that vault from the X-Files. But, however the equation works, the feds have made the call and the cut is expected to save the government $520 million.

We’re sure those Ohioans who voted for Obama because Mitt Romney was going to cut their benefits have recognized the irony and will accept their predicament cheerfully. After all, this is the work of their chosen administration and should therefore not be questioned.
http://www.caintv.com/Ohiofoodstampchecksareabouttos-755

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I'm not trying to celebrate anyones problems but seeing as we can't afford these programs and $50 less in food stamps equals about $520 million imaginae how much we would save if we weaned off the food stamps program over the next four years, and from then on in you could only collect them after passing a drug test for say 6 weeks per year and only if you had worked in the last year.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TBH, I'd be doing the exact same thing if Romney got elected and raised taxes on the wealthy. I think it's funny that BO said Romney would cut their giveaways and Biden said the R's would put them back in chains and they go and do this.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
ha, good. Years ago when my wife worked PT at the local supermarket, she was amazed at the stuff people were buying with food stamps. Big steaks, lobster tail, caviar. Incredible.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The problem with our society is that lazy people are being allowed to remain lazy! I have no problem with my tax dollars helping someone out when their on bad times. However when they make it a lifestyle I do have an issue with it! I've worked hard my whole life and am sick and tired of watching these parasites live off of the working class in this country. I sure as heck watch what I buy at the store so I can maintain all my other finances and responsibilities. These scumbag don't care what they spend it on because they never worked for it. IT was given! GOD bless this country! The next four years will be harder on the working man!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Carl Bergen said:
???? Are you going to celebrate impoverished folks other problems as well??
A lot of their problems are of their own doing. They can escape those conditions. All they have to do is work hard and make sacrifices. The way most working families do. Do I feel bad for impoverished people? Sure I do. But I have little sympathy for those who continue to live that lifestyle without working to get out of it. A lot BELIEVE that success should be GIVEN to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts