The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start this early and see the response.I want to start a serious bear gang hunting throughout the Poconos.Minimum I'd want would be 15 guys.I really only want guys that can hunt a minimum of 2 days but all season would be best.I live up here and know of plenty of bear but need guys willing to keep track of certain areas pre-hunt,and collaborate on how to best conduct the drives.Want to concentrate in Carbon,Monroe,Pike,Luzerne,schukill counties.This is tough hunting as we'd be driving swamps all day everyday.To be fair, I don't want anyone who just wants to be a stander.if you can't help with the drives you couldn't be considered.To be successful, we will have to do a lot of scouting thru the summer and esp. when season gets close to know we are driving in swamps holding the bears.so if you have the time,desire please pm me and I'll get the group together.If you know of good spots within these counties all the better
I finally had a good sized group last opener for bear,and we got one off the first drive,and 2 escaped harm.Unfortunately, I didn't have the manpower for the remaining days and a lot of good spots went undriven.So if your interested and want to up your odds at a bear, send me a pm.No doubt in my mind with enough guys we will have a great season.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That puts us around 8 right now.Need some more guys wanting a real chance at a bear and willing to work to get it.I'll have a lot of game cameras out for locating new areas late this summer

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a couple bears showing up at my yard already and another one located a few miles down the road.Need some more guys to commit

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
hunterdan199 said:
Like I said count me in. Will you be looking to drive all four days of season ?
Up here in 3D bear is also open from Dec 2 thru the 7th.
Deer kill was down 15% bear numbers were off, better hunt as much as you can cause soon its going to be tougher.
The bears are out but I have yet to see a cub

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Jayden I am in, but right now can only commit to Saturday. If thats a problem I totally understand. I also have a 17 yr. old son that is a very good hunter who would be glad to push all day for ya if he is welcome also.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plenty of hotels around within 15 minutes of me.If Saturday is all you can do that's fine but prefer longer

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
15 is a good number cause youll end up wuth 9 adter last week cancelations. We did this for many yrs around hickory run and FW.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back to the top!!!If anyones interested in this get ahold of me asap.I need guys to help with the scouting and drive plans for each area.Alot of bears around here this year,but we need to be organized to take any.I had a mom and 2 cubs walk thru my yard yesterday.Not ones I'm real interested in but I have a few brutes located too.Now that is getting closer to hunting season I hope to have a little better response.I have around 8 right now but thats nowhere near enough guys.This is thick, thick cover and need at least 15 guys to make it successful.Look back at last years posts and you'll see I have the bears.We put out 3 on the 1st drive and got one.I need guys for 2-3 days to cover all the areas I have.Guys that put in the time will know the areas good and can postion themselves for the best chances of their own success.We will put out some bears!!!NOBODY gets to just sit on the drives.We switch drivers and standers to be fair to all.This is a tough,tough hunt and you will be beat at the end of each day.But, hopefully, that will be at the check station enjoying a beer and checking in your bear.all those interested send me a pm and I'll schedule some weekend scouting trips for all of us

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending on actual locations I may be in. I am certainly available, have my vacation time already approved. I usually hunt in Pike.

PM heading your way.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts