The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some recent poaching going on around my area. i have not gotten a really good look at the vehicle just yet but what do you guys think I should do. I kinda figured licence number 3 color of vehicle.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Why would you ask what we think you should do? If their poaching turn them in is the first thing you should have done.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
creamed opossum said:
There has been some recent poaching going on around my area. i have not gotten a really good look at the vehicle just yet but what do you guys think I should do. I kinda figured licence number 3 color of vehicle.
Very Easy...

Call this Number... (814) 643-1831...
Tell the Dispatcher what area of Perry County you are in.....Depending on what part of the county you are in, they will have either WCO Jim Brown or WCO Steve Hower contact you!

Weren't you the one who said you wanted to meet your local WCO in Another post???
I posted the information on how to go about getting either WCO Jim Brown or WCO Steve Hower to contact you and for you to get to know them...
Here is you Chance!
Meet them, talk to them, tell them what all you know and then basically shut up about it on here and let them do thier job on watching the area and catching those who are doing what you think they are doing!

·
Registered
185 Posts
The time you took to post this online would have been better spent reporting the info to the PGC. Don't just do something...sit there!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
report it to your local PGC office or WCO

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
John S said:
Why would you ask what we think you should do? If their poaching turn them in is the first thing you should have done.
Perhaps the poster is looking for words of encouragement. Or maybe not sure what to do.

Not everyone knows everything, you know.

·
Registered
234 Posts
hightine said:
John S said:
Perhaps the poster is looking for words of encouragement. Or maybe not sure what to do.

Not everyone knows everything, you know.
Mmhmm couldnt agree more! my how the Hpa police are quick on the seen to pass judgement

like a few have said before contact the pgc officer in your area and let him know whats going on.
see thats the answer the guy was looking for not a smartalicky remark about what he should have done.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
creamed opossum said:
......what do you guys think I should do. I kinda figured licence number 3 color of vehicle.
Agree with gut and H20, the guy is trying to do the right thing, he was just asking what info he needed to report to the PGC.

Creamed, just report it and they will figure it out. May not even be safe to try and get more info, you never know what an outlaw may do if he finds you watching him. Leave it to the professionals.

G

·
0 Posts
You know, if the guy "didn't know" what to do perhaps when calling the PGC regional office and reporting the incident they would have quickly told him any info they would need that would be vital to an investigation.

but what would I know; typing a question on a board then waiting for the right answer is waaay faster. :rolleyes:

the fact of the matter is if the guy really cared about the poaching he wouldn't have to ask a message board what to do. But like so many on here he talks a good game but doesn't back it up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not trying to side with anyone here, but sometimes it best to have more info than just calling the local warden and saying that there is poaching going on?

The WCO's just can't camp out for days trying to catch a poacher on just a simple call they recieved.

Anyway, I hope they get nailed. Soon!

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
I'm curious.If a friend of yours,relative or a parent were poaching how quick would you turn them in?Lets say the poachers saw you and knew who you were and got nailed the next day after you saw them?This is for everyone one not just kamonut.I tend to agree with him.They can't spend time hoping to catch someone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts