The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-Mail I received from Rep Haluska today.

Legislature continues to crack down
on poachers

I'm writing to let you know that the state House this week passed legislation making it more difficult for poachers from other states to hunt in Pennsylvania.

The bill we passed (S.B. 1200) authorizes Pennsylvania to join the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact. Members of the compact, which currently includes 37 states, recognize each other's wildlife and hunting laws, and provide reciprocity for license revocations. That means when Pennsylvania joins the compact, a person who is convicted of a poaching-related offense in one of the other member states will not be permitted to hunt in Pennsylvania legally.

The legislation has passed both the House and Senate, and the governor is expected to sign it into law. Once that happens, the Game Commission will pursue the administrative process required to be admitted into the compact. This is the second law the legislature has passed this year aimed at poachers; the other significantly increased fines and penalties for poaching-related violations in Pennsylvania.

The goal in passing these laws is to reduce poaching and protect Pennsylvania 's game animals for the enjoyment of Pennsylvania's true sportsmen.

If my office can assist with any state-related issue, please contact me.

Rep. Gary Haluska
D-73rd District
Cambria County

PA House of Representatives Democratic Caucus
PO Box 202250 Harrisburg, PA 17120-2250

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Interstate Wildlife Violator's Compact bill. Let's hope Eddie gets around to it right quick. It's only taken about 20 years (probably more), for PA to get onboard with this one.

·
Registered
954 Posts
About time...no losers here as it is all good.

No more watching non-residents head back home with no repercussions from their illegal hunting.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
Nope, just sittin back watching the show.
And getting a pretty good belly-laugh I might add.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
And what would be so funny?

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
Time will tell....time will tell.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I bet the violators who get caught won't be laughing, for long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts