The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out yote huntn last night and heard a shot. 5min later I saw a truck driving through the fields. Now Im told unless you get their plate number you cant do anything.The truck came 30yrds away from me and I hit them with my light.I got a decent look at the truck but no plate. A week ago I was harrased for hunting at night by same truck. It was 1230 and they had truck lights off using spotlight. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Call the GC with a good location, description of truck , and a list off how they operate and other interactions you have had. Give them the info they need to get these guys.

Your tip - minus the tag number is the info they might need to finally get them.

Call the regional office or report it online from the home page of the GC website.

Regional office numbers are at the top of this forum. They are alo at the top of the General Hunting Forum.

Please, make the call.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Buckcs64 the local WCO may recognize the vehicle from your description. Worse case scenario: they have some good information on recent activity from a good eyewitness.

Good Job!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
What Bluetick said.... and if you haven't made the call yet, make it now.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I would call immediately as well. If you have seen this vehicle before maybe you will get lucky and run into it again. Perhaps then you could get the tag off of it. I hate poachers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called pgc. Also made a trip to the location where the shot came from. Found a 14in 8 point. 1 shot thru shoulder. Also let them know.I must of scared them and they left the buck there. Couldn't be more upset. Talked to neighbor and he also found a gutpile in same area in archery season. Will see what the pgc does? Really didn't know what to do last night. Thanks guys for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts