The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well put my plow on last thursday good thing. i plowed my drive way and the guy next door. 450 kodiak more snow on the way. wish i had a winch it gets old lifting by hand. I'll have to look around. big boys big toys gotta love it...later

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
same machine I have....best move I ever made was putting the winch on!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is a 2004 and at time you could get a plow or winch for 50.00 i thought plow would get more use. after getting stuck in mud upto seat i time and the kids getting stuck should of got the winch. g-kids have blaster and 125 grizz we do have the fun thow...later

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I got an 04 Kodiak 450 also. A winch for the plow is the only way to go.

I put ITP Mudlite XTR's on it this fall and man does that thing crawl through this 22 inches of snow.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats what i'm thinking. i'm going to be needing tires soon i saw 4 on a post the ones i want but not quite ready now money spending is going to my hunting for now. my wish list keeps getting longer but a winch is on it...later

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 05 350 bruin and bought a plow for it.Sure as heck beats shoveling my driveway by hand.I got the electric lift,a little slow to move but will get a winch someday.
Does anyone know if a winch moves faster than the electric lift?

·
Registered
590 Posts
The plow was the better choice because you can go to ebay and buy a warn copy winch for less than $100. You can't buy a generic plow so for $150 you get a full setup ready to go.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Q2XL12 said:
I got an 04 Kodiak 450 also. A winch for the plow is the only way to go.

I put ITP Mudlite XTR's on it this fall and man does that thing crawl through this 22 inches of snow.
I need new tires...Id like to get these

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll look on e-bay when ready. most times i buy from rocky mountain good people, and if i'm playing is one thing but my 450 will go any where i have the ..... to go. almost can't get it stuck. plus i like the wt. of it. i can throw it around good. it's great trail ridding. i trail alot...later

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The ITP 589's, mudlites, and xtr's are all very good tires

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Gotta Griz 450 with the plow and winch and it does a great job...I think my favorite part of it all is that the whole bottom of the bike is skidplated pretty much for that plow mount they use with my "click n'go" plow.

No school today and my son wanted to plow...unfortunately it did not start up this AM, and with a suit and tie on I was not about to mess with it much. Will try it again tonight. Been sitting for about a month, but had this trouble last year when it sat in real cold temps.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let it run on choke alittle longer cold heavy air makes them run different i think plus always shut gas off and run it out and always use stablizer..later

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sq., i'll check it out. the tires i would like are maxxis bighorne. just came in kids stopped so i had to take that blaster for a run. my g-son is nuts. last time at coal fields st. clair he flipped it end for end a couple times. me and s-law almost had heart attack. kids hard to hold back. was i like that? later

·
Registered
653 Posts
I forget where i was, or what i was watching i seen someone with a plow on their sled.. I was like " what the?"

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I bought this ATV when I lived in Maine, and the plow about a month later. Great set-up for all the snow they get up there!!

Polaris 700 with a 48 inch Moose. Winch was awesome, as was being able to change plow angles (manually.)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
getting back. i looked at rocky mountain atv and they have warn winch rt2500 320.00 then as someone told looked at cabelas super winch lt2000 sale 99.99 seems to me no brainer. and those big horns here on hpa is good deal but i need time to come up with more money or i'ed grab those bad boys. john henry thats one bad looking set up you got. glad to see that ford too....later

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Another question in regard to plowing...... For a Polaris sportsman 500 I found a 52" Warn plow and mount kit for $400. Is 52" gonna be to big a swath for the quad to push effectively? Are there any other brands that can be reccomended for less money?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts