The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get a quad to plow the driveway in the winter. this will be its main purpose but i'm sure i'll have other uses but selling the wife on using it for a plow.

just looking for sugestions and any to totally avoid.not sure if we are gonna get new or used we'll see when the time comes. i looked at the susuki,polaris and kawasaki today, wanna see some yamahas too.also reports on dealers good and bad

·
Registered
736 Posts
Tater,your not far from Kittanning try georges trailer sales thaey have some good deals on used ones.The buy repos and fix what needs fixed if anything then resale.I buy all my parts from them for my quad they are a good bunch of guys.Hope this helps

·
Registered
324 Posts
tater - I have a kawasaki brute force plenty of power for plowing the driveway.. up here in the Erie area we get alot of snow.. only thing I would do different is to get a wing plow instead of a straight plow - a plow like the highway dept uses - higher on one side (discharge side) couldn't throw the snow over the snow piled up at the edge of driveway - had to make a couple passes with snowblower to give me room to plow the driveway - and get rid of the stock cable on your winch they break alot from raising and lowering the plow - took a header over the handle bars last year..best investment i could have made and makes plowing the driveway fun!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I used to plow my driveway with a tractor and then I bought an older honda 4 wheel drive and put a plow on that , and what a differance the four wheeler would out plow the tractor any day and its alot faster to , good luck on your choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts